Margreta Made It - Wearable and Usable Art
I have been creating wearable and usable art for a number of years now. Generally, I have sold these items locally.
If it involved fabric, I may have tried it!
This year, I have just opened my Etsy shop for bags and purses, clutches, totes
and fiber covers for journals and composition book covers. Please visit my Etsy
for other examples and request a special hand made to order item for you or a dear friend.
- I enjoy making custom purses and bags. The projects do not take as long as a bed quilt and yet do bring delight.
Feel free to take a look at past projects and thoughts on making pursues.
- Making totes (such as travel cases, business cases, baby bags) involves designing and sewing with the usefulness of the item continually in mind. Combining that with artistic perspective is an interesting challenge.
- Small bags, such as clutches, can be fun to create in an a day, but have no room or margin
for error in their creation. Sometimes, that lack of forgiveness is something I am willing to attempt.
- Sometimes, I still love a fabric, but only have small strips of color left to work into an item.
That works well for journal covers of different types.
- Custom garments for special occassions are items that I have made as well. It probably started with my own clothing. I am selective in who I am willing to provide this service.